Monday 1 December 2014

5 things to do when you need a break from life.

0

Hi guys.

As everyone knows, Christmas is coming up.. (AHHHHH!!!)
Which also means deadline days are coming up, which, as a student is terrifying. For first years, this will mean some of your first ever assignments will be due in, and you'll be rushing to finish them because, lets be real? you've spent the last Wednesday and Thursdays getting absolutely trashed and not thinking about your deadline days.
Second years will have done the same, however our assignment grades actually count and that makes us feel slightly nauseous.
I dont know about everyone else, but my first year run-ups to deadlines included:

1. staying in bed, and not wanting to face the world
2. procrastinating like a little bitch
3. getting trashed so I didnt have to think about said deadline day
4. (my favourite) run back to Cardiff.


When getting to this stage, I have decided, rather than do these things i've just gotta find some things to de-stress me. Last year the only thing that actually worked, was going home or getting drunk. This year, those things can't help. The uni have been very helpful and set deadlines spread out over christmas (Please note the sarcasm) It isnt helpful in the slightest. For my course, we have to use specific programmes on computers, like Premiere Pro and Pro Tools, which a lot of us don't have. Meaning we have to use the mac's in uni.
For one of out modules, we have to make a promotional video/music video for an artist we had to manage. This deadline is set for after Christmas, which means we've had to get out work done before going home. This fact has literally stressed me out so much. I have actually finished both videos ive had to edit, however for other people, its just a big rush.

1.
The first thing I've done to de-stress this year, is rugby. Sounds weird, but the internationals for the world cup have been on the past month, and its given me the excuse to just chill out, and scream at the welsh team for being complete donkies. It also helps the fact that the welsh team isnt terrible looking either. I mean, Jamie Roberts, Leigh Halfpenny and Sam Warburton? Absolute corkers. I've had quite the crush on Roberts since I've started watching rugby, so you can imagine my face when I found out he was playing every Tuesday. It probably doesnt help that my mum knows him either. Last summer, my mum called me down into her department, where she was stood with him. I was literally looking like shit, as I had been out the night before. So walking away, I was completely star struck, and didn't stop shaking for at least half an hour.

FMF Image

2. tea
I dont know how anyone can dislike tea. It calms me down a treat, whether im stressed or upset or angry, offer me a cup of tea and my mood will instantly raise. If im stressed because of uni work, I quite like to stop for like, half an hour, make myself a cup of tea and just kind of look over what ive done so far. Its good to just stop and take your mind of work, I find because you can just go back to it and re-read, and you'll realise all the mistakes you've made!

3.
Friends are also a good ploy away from your work. Im not saying to use them as a distraction. Not at all. But like I said in the previous paragraph, you need to get away from your work sometimes. Last year, i'd spend at least 3 out of 7 days drunk with Ellie, Eric, Megan, Emily ect. Just because it was a good way to de-stress, take a break, and let loose.

4.
This year, especially come up with stupid little games/ buy a board game. Ryan, Hannah, Emily and I have come up with this ridiculous game where you have to guess the song title, and artist to receive points, other games include Cards against Humanity, Monopoly or Bullshit (to british people, cheat) Its a lot of fun and might even clear your brain.

5.
Listen to one of your favourite albums or read a book. I really enjoy the both of these things, and both helps me unwind and ive been doing work all day. I quite like coming home and reading a good book, which is currently The Hunger Games. Or listening to one of my favourite albums at that time, currently, Ed Sheeran - + or Taylor Swift - 1989. Dont judge. Or much to peoples suprise, I really enjoy cleaning. It calms me. If figured that everytime my mum facetimes me or rings me, i'll be in the middle of cleaning my room (Around Emily and Hannah, who is usually a fixture in my room)


I really couldn't think of much else to put on here, but I really hope you enjoyed this post.
TTYL,
Kirst x


0 comments:

Post a Comment