Saturday 3 January 2015

Life lessons.

0

Hi guys.

Its going to be a bit of a weird one.

Ive had a really shit day today, to the point where I didnt even want to be in Cheltenham. Where I probably should have been in Cardiff. Where I couldnt even talk to someone without getting really sad or really angry.
It got a bit better in the evening, but I havnt had one of these days in a long time. I went for a walk to clear my head, and while there I thought about things that i've learnt over the past few years, which have helped shape me into who I am today.
This would include:


  • heartbreak
  • losing people I love
  • doing bad in things
Im currently watching one of my favourite films, and thought I would tell you what I've learnt from them. Please don't judge me on these films. Some of them, in fact, probably most of them are cheesy and girly, and maybe some of you wont be interested in them in the slightest. But I would like to believe that you read this blog to get to know me, and to see what I've been up to. So here goes.

1. Opposites attract. 
This little lesson was learnt from none other than my big favourite, Dirty Dancing. For those who havnt seen it, its about a rich girl, and a dance teacher. The dance teacher, is a bit of a dick, the rich girl is one of those people who would do anything to help anyone. Of course theres a big romance between them both and although everyones routing for them to get together, you cant help but question what the hell they have in common? Honestly, I loved this part of the film. Like, when hes around her, she brings out the best in him. 



2.  Things get better.
This one comes from the adaptation from my favourite book. P.S I love you. If you didnt know, Its about a woman who loses her husband from cancer. The husband leaves the woman 12 letters, of this she has to do each month. IT IS HEARTBREAKING. However, my favourite part of this film is that, although one of the worst things has happened to her, she gets through it. She gets through the unimaginable. Even though, I couldnt think of that happening to me, This shows me that even if im having a bad day, it could be better tomorrow. 


3. You never know what the person next to you is going through.
This lovely little lesson would come from The Breakfast Club. I would be ashamed of anyone who says they havnt seen this. As you can tell, 80's movies are a recurring theme in my movie choices. If you didnt know, The Breakfast Club is about 5 high school kids that have been put into detention for different reasons, but it turns out that all of them are acting out for near enough the same reason, but you wouldnt expect it off 4 out of 5 of the kids. It made me realise that, if you think your problems are bad, someone else might have it worse. Which is why I dont tend to talk about whats wrong with me.


4. Fuck what people think of you.
This probably isnt what you're meant to get from the morals of this story, but thats what I got from Perks of being a Wallflower. The best thing about this film is that you can actually see the character grow. At the beginning of this film, Logan Lerman, or Charlie Kelmeckis talks about how many days of high school he has left, throughout the film you can see him making friends with Patrick and Sam and how much they help him through that year. In one scene, Charlie decides that hes going to make an effort at a school dance and goes to dance with Patrick and Sam. The dance in question is what they call "The living room routine" and its the greatest dance ever. But you can see quite clearly that they didnt really care what the people around them thought, just that they were having a good time.


5. Family should be one of the most important things to you.
my last lesson, is from Lilo and Stitch. One of the Disney greats. Lilo, a little girl that lives in Hawai parents die, and is let to be looked after by her older sister. It breaks me that Nani is such an underrated character because you can see that she is trying her hardest to be a parent to her little sister. There is also a tiny blue alien in this called Stitch. By the end of this film, you can tell that their morals have rubbed of on the monster, its so heartwarming. It proves that no matter how big the family is, no matter how broken the family is, they're still family and should never be forgotten.



I'm sorry if you didnt really enjoy this post.
I quite enjoyed writing it though.
Cheers for reading it.
TTYL,
Kirst x

0 comments:

Post a Comment