Monday 16 March 2015

We are the young!

0

Hi guys,

This is definitely bit of a different one. 
One of my favourite bands, Kingsland Road released their debut album yesterday and I thought I would give it a quick review. 

The band consists of 4 members, Josh, Connor, JJ (Thomps) and Matt. I've been a fan of these boys since the end of 2012 and I can't believe how far they have come. From recording covers of people like Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift to actually writing their own material. For someone whose watched these boys grow from such a tiny band with 200 followers on twitter to a band with their own album on Spotify and being sold in HMV, I probably couldn't put it into words how proud of them I am. 





The album, We Are The Young consists of 10 extremely catchy songs and a remix of their EP single "Dirty Dancer" which they toured to promote last august. After listening to all 10 songs, i can confirm it is 100% worth buying. It's a mix of catchy tunes that would make you want to throw your hands up in the air and shout the lyrics to and songs that could only be described as motivational. I mean, if I'm walking somewhere and I'm listening to their song "Never too late" I honestly feel as if i can do anything. 

Favourite song on the album? Without a doubt "Misbehave" I heard them sing this on their tour last August and I loved it immediately. Its super catchy and the lyrics are very simple. I feel like its one of those songs that will get you pumped for a night out, or if you're feeling a bit down and you just want to dance around your room. I bow down to Matts voice in this one, as it definitely shows it off the best. 

I'm also really quite in love with Heaven Knows, its beautifully written and another one of those motivational songs. As far as I can tell, the song is about not giving up. 

All in all, this album is definitely a milestone in the boys careers, and I hope it opens a lot more doors for them.

The boys twitter - (x)
youtube - (x)
Spotify - (x)

Hope you enjoyed this post.
TTYL,
Kirst x

0 comments:

Post a Comment