Tuesday 31 March 2015

Lets catch up?

0

Hi guys.

I just thought i'd upload a short post on my happenings over the past couple of weeks.
Currently, im on easter break which for some of you lucky devils means that you get a nice 2 week break from school work. 
Not me. I'm pretty sure I should be busier than ever seeing as I have a presentation due in the first day back to uni plus the many essays I have to write. As you can tell, I am super excited about this.
On the upside, I FINALLY found my work placement which made me so happy.
After looking to each corner of Cardiff for one, I caved and started looking in Cheltenham. Ideally I would have loved to go home for Easter, but lets be honest here. How much work would I have got done?

After many emails and messages being sent to MANY companies, one finally got back to me. 
APT Marketing. The manager gave me an interview and I got the placement. It was honestly a God send because I fear I may have failed terribly if they didn't. 
I had my first day on Monday, and as everybody should know, I am a job whore. I get interview from interview and if I don't like it, I move on to the next adventure (job)
Anyway, I genuinely don't think i've ever been so nervous in my entire life. 
Moving to Cheltenham was a cinch compared to how I felt on monday. 
Turns out, everyone was super lovely. 
I wrote a few blog posts for a couple of companies, learnt how they worked with companies for a little bit, it was SO interesting.
I know this sounds super negative, and I don't mean for it to sound so.. But I didnt think my work placement module was going to be that interesting. I mean, the last work placement I did I ended up shredding paper for a recruitment company. I remember getting so bored I would start reading the CV's for something to do. 
I've got this feeling that this will actually be worthwhile and I'm so excited to see where it leads.

Last thursday, Emily and I were asked to help to put on a gig for the ALT music society. Chris was working till quite late, so asked us to help. It was more than we'd done before, which was interesting. He asked us to put together the stage times which turned out to be quite difficult seeing as people had to either leave early, or couldn't get there till later. 
It was also a thing of wondering where the artists would actually fit. Em and I had this massive argument over one act with a couple of our housemates because I wanted to put said on artist first, but they thought it was because of my personal feelings towards said artist. 
It turned out to be a really good gig even if some people were questionable (my own opinions)

I've also been making plans with Hannah and Emily to take them back to Cardiff in a couple of weeks. This makes me extremely excited because neither of them have spent a significant amount of time in my hometown, so i'm going to take them to Pryzm and we're going to get smashed then get 5 guys the next day. Its going to be such a good weekend. Especially because i'll also get to see my mam, who I havn't seen for at least 4 months, as you can imagine I miss her a shit tonne.

I also went to a gig which was being held in 2 Pigs a couple of weeks ago. (This is how long I havnt blogged for!!)
It was a gig for a guy called Petravita, who describes himself as a "spoken word artist" or something. I didnt really go for him. A couple of bands from Popular Music were playing, called Spoils and Spice and the Readies. I really enjoy listening to both bands, so I went along despite being massively hungover. They both played so sick, and although I probably would have been better off sleeping my life away, I'm so glad I went. I'll shove both their sound clouds down the bottom in case you want to go have a butchers.

I dont think much else has gone on really. Ryan and Emily have abandoned ship for 2 weeks so the house is extremely quiet and im very excited for them both to come back. Banter is just not the same. 

Also, one other thing. Im bored. Not in general, im a very easy person to amuse. I'm bored of being overlooked. Im bored of people choosing others over me. Im annoyed that I let it happen to myself so often. I know ive said this in MANY posts beforehand but here it is again. I'm a mug. I constantly let it happen to me, and why? Because, and I know this sounds a bit like i'm making myself seem better than I am, but Im too forthcoming. I let people walk all over me. I make sure i'm available if people want or need me, but when its the other way around, my gosh people like to screw me over. Or at least thats how it feels a lot of the time. You know what? IM BORED OF TRYING. 

Thats it I think.I'm sorry about the souring ending to this post.
Im going to love you and leave you.
TTYL,
Kirst x



0 comments:

Post a Comment